General Manager Convenience Operations - OTR
Job no: 540828
Work type: Full time
Location: South Australia
Categories: Retail Operations
As our new General Manager, Convenience Operations, you will build and lead our diverse national team to achieve operational excellence and deliver business results through our people. You will be responsible for developing and executing the OTR Strategic Plan across our retail network and a talent pipeline for future store growth across Australia.
We stand firm to our customer promise to never run out and never close and we are looking for someone who aligns with our values and keeps our Guests at the forefront of their decision making.
Who are we?
At OTR we believe our customers are our guests. They lead full lives and are busier than us so we are here to make their lives easier. To help them save time. To allow them to keep going. To be open when they need, with the products and services they want. To rescue them when they have run out. To allow them to quickly grab a quality treat. To surprise them when they least expect it. To talk to them as locals, not deal with them as transactions. To put a smile on their faces. To remove uncertainties, hassles and worries. To replace time spent looking for the cheapest, with the satisfaction of consistent value, never offending them with price. We know them. And they know us. We are a part of their community, and we are all proudly Australian.
In the end, it’s not only what we do that’s important, but also the way that we do it that keeps them coming back. We are OTR and we’re for making life easy
Read more about us here: ontherun.com.au
How you will contribute to our strategy:
- Lead, coach and develop the Operations Team to be world-class retailers
- Deliver and embed operational excellence across the network
- Develop and drive the execution of the OTR strategy
- Drive the growth and development of our OTR retail operations
- Strategic store development and execution of development plans
- Provide support to and sponsor key operational and business improvement projects
- Execute network plans and develop bench strength in readiness for new store openings
- Inspire the team to deliver on the OTR Promise
The successful candidate will possess:
- Proven operational leadership experience across multiple sites varying in size and performance
- A deep understanding of retail store operations and be hands on when required
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire large teams (3,000+)
- To be customer obsessed and continually seek to better understand our diverse customers
- Ability to look ahead, energise your team and deliver with pride
- A strong commercial acumen with the ability to think analytically and present information clearly and succinctly. Be data driven in your decision making.
- An attitude to care about the quality and end results of your work for both our team members in store, and our customers.
- Excellent interpersonal communication. You will have many touch points throughout the business and with external stakeholders and will be required to present frequently to the Executive Group.
What’s in it for you?
Where do we start? What’s important to you? What about this for starters…
- Work with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia
- Seize the opportunity to step up your career and drive our national growth strategy
- Work in our newly renovated offices on the Parade at Norwood close to boutique cafes, restaurants and shops.
- A proud South Aussie company that is quickly growing nationally
- A great group of colleagues who love what they do! And finally:
- A competitive remuneration package
If you want to talk to us about becoming part of the team, click “apply now” and upload your current CV and Cover letter…. What are you waiting for?
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend