Central Operations Manager
Job no: 538791
Work type: Full time
Location: South Australia
Categories: Retail Operations
What is the role?
As the Central Operations Manager you will take the lead in developing our convenience systems to make life as easy for our store teams as possible, so that guests are able to get the best possible experience from OTR in any store across the country.
Reporting to the Head of Operational Excellence, you will act as a subject matter expert to ensure all communication and instructions have been validated and tested prior to being issued to stores for execution.
Who are we?
OTR is one of the largest private organisations in Australia with a team of over 5000 people. We are changing the way our guests think about convenience retailing and want to speak to a passionate, dedicated Central Operations manager about joining our amazing organisation!
At OTR, we aim to make the lives of our guests easier. We are on an amazing growth trajectory as we take our highly successful business model nationwide, growing from our current base of 170+ locations.
Innovation is part of our DNA, with OTR being the first in Australia to deliver features such as payment of fuel at the pump through an app and the pre-order of Barista-made coffee via an App from a Fuel & Convenience brand.
Read more about us here:
What are the responsibilities of the role?
- Work closely with operational teams, with a mandate to make life simpler for stores, supporting high levels of engagement and execution.
- Facilitate initiatives agreed in the problem store forum with the convenience team.
- Support the OTR team with activity unique to the Convenience business including coordinating Customer Offer activity in Stores.
- Build positive relationships with store and SSO stakeholders.
- Deliver high levels of communication, and support, and influence the activity planner, balancing business needs against what is practical for stores to deliver.
- Continuously improve Convenience operations systems and processes such as electronic procedure manuals, shift hand over tools, tablets, and other OTR resources which need perpetual improvement.
- Manage the OTR Overnight Team to coordinate activity which provides high quality overnight outcomes and events such as light checks and locked door processes
What skills and experience are we looking for in our new Central Operations Manager?
- A proven track record of operational success in a large retail/FMCG business
- Passionate and curious about the customer, with a strong bias towards data driven insight led strategies and plans and able to improve capability to deliver the Customer promise.
- Previous experience in a multi-site/Area Management role
- Ability to balance strategy and action with a strong eye for detail and willing to roll your sleeves up.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, keen to try new things, and test and learn. Able to encourage idea generation across an organisation.
- Able to motivate and develop others.
- Able to demonstrate resilience and a track record of continual self-improvement
- Exceptional written and verbal communication ability, coupled with highly developed stakeholder engagement skills.
What’s in it for you?
Where do we start? What’s important to you? What about this for starters…
- Work with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia
- A rewarding role that will bring to life our vision and strategy
- Work in our (soon to be finished) renovated offices on the Parade, close to boutique shops and excellent cafés and restaurants
- A proud South Aussie company that is quickly growing nationally
- A fantastic group of colleagues who really do play hard and work harder! And finally:
- A very competitive salary package
Sounds pretty good to us!
If you want to talk us about becoming part of the team, click “apply now” and upload your current CV and Cover letter…. What are you waiting for?
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend