IT Service Desk Officer
Job no: 535078
Work type: Full time
Location: South Australia
Categories: Information Services
What is the role?
Our 24/7 – 365 day IT Service Desk is the first point of contact for inbound support calls providing remote technical support to retail sites and their stake-holders.
Working as part of a professional team, you will be responsible for providing a full range of Level 1 IT support to our Retail network.
Who are we?
We are a proudly South Australian family business, operating for over 30 years. Our story began in 1984, when Fred (Fathi) Shahin saw a local Woodville Park service station for sale with an adjoining home and immediately bought it. Each of Fred Shahin’s sons subsequently joined the business and to this day, the same family-based, ethical and sustainable values remain a hallmark of Peregrine and underpin every decision.
On The Run (OTR) is one of South Australia's largest employers and has a reputation as the most innovative convenience retail business in Australia. We now have over 160 sites across South Australia and are growing significantly. This includes an expanding portfolio of complementary brands such as Krispy Kreme, C Coffee, Eat, Hungry Jacks, Subway, GYG and Wokinabox. We are also expanding our range of private label locally sourced products.
Our business portfolio also consists of SMGB, The Bend Motorsport Park and so much more!
Read more about us here:
What are the responsibilities of the role?
- Carry out installations, changes, and maintenance to POS systems as directed.
- Analyse and resolve POS operational problems including software and hardware failures.
- Provide desktop and system software support services.
- Respond to Help Desk calls, providing support for software, hardware, systems and general IT-related requests.
- Log calls, work done, escalation, tracking, closure and overall management of problems resulting in an efficient IT Support service.
- Assist internal customers in their use and understanding of IT Systems.
What skills and experience does our ideal candidate have?
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or equivalent industry experience. (Undergraduates strongly encouraged to apply).
- Knowledge of IT systems fundamentals necessary to meet business requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – ability to effectively communicate and consult with internal and external stakeholders.
- High level of problem-solving skills and analytical ability.
- Superior customer service skills and a passion for troubleshooting.
- A strong focus on quality coupled with high accuracy and detail orientation.
What’s in it for you?
Working at our Norwood based head office, you will have the opportunity to join a fast paced, growth focused organisation and take the important next step in your career. This is your opportunity to join a large SA based organisation with a National footprint, you will be offered real career growth and a challenging, rewarding environment.
If you believe you fit this role please submit your CV and Cover Letter by clicking the 'apply now' button below.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend