Chief Operating Officer - OTR
Job no: 531699
Work type: Full time
Location: South Australia
Categories: Retail Operations, Executive
What is the role?
As Chief Operating Officer you will be responsible for the delivery of exceptional operational standards and controls for the business. You will champion our values and empower our site teams to deliver the OTR customer promise. As our growth journey continues, you will play a key role in the Senior Leadership Team.
Who are we?
OTR is one of the largest private organisations in Australia with a team of over 4000 people. We are changing the way our guests think about convenience retailing and want to speak to a passionate, dedicated Chief Operations Officer about joining our amazing organisation!
At OTR, we aim to make the lives of our guests easier. We are on an amazing growth trajectory as we take our highly successful business model nationwide, growing from our current base of 160+ locations.
Innovation is part of our DNA, with OTR being the first in Australia to deliver features such as payment of fuel at the pump through an app and the pre-order of Barista-made coffee via an App from a Fuel & Convenience brand.
Read more about us here:
What are the responsibilities of the role?
- Develop, plan and execute operational process improvements across the retail network
- Oversight and management of the day to day operations of the OTR retail network
- Lead, mentor and empower our Regional and Operational Managers to develop their teams and build bench strength
- Develop business cases for operational projects and ensure our team delivers on time, on budget and with exceptional results
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, working closely to strengthen cross-functional cooperation within the business
- Coach our operational leaders to the source, attract and retain exceptional talent that will support our growth
- Direct and endorse policy to fulfil objectives, achieve business goals, and maximise efficiency and profit.
What skills and experience does our ideal candidate have?
- Exceptional Operational leadership capabilities, with the ability to immediately gain buy-in from key internal stakeholders
- A proven track record of developing and empowering high performing teams to create bench strength in a retail environment
- A natural multi-tasker with exceptional prioritisation and time management skills
- A demonstrable professional history of Operational Excellence in a fast-paced, multifaceted retail organisation
- Proven ability to operate cross-functionally to deliver strategic goals and maximise profit
What’s in it for you?
Working at our Norwood based head office, you will have the opportunity to join a fast paced, growth focused organisation and take the important next step in your career. This is your opportunity to join a large SA based organisation with a National footprint, you will be offered real career growth and a challenging, rewarding environment.
If you believe you fit this role please submit your CV and Cover Letter by clicking the 'apply now' button below.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend