HR and WHS Officer
Job no: 530174
Work type: Full time
Location: South Australia
Categories: Human Resources
Who are we?
OTR is one of the largest private organisations in Australia with over 3500 staff. We are changing the way our customers think about convenience retailing and want to speak to pro-active, passionate HR Graduates, about joining our amazing organisation!
Our excellence in retail operations is recognised at an international level with high profile brands such as Hungry Jack’s, Subway and Krispy Kreme as well as a retail network of 140+ stores.
Read more about us here:
What is the opportunity?
The HR and WHS Officer will work with the WHS Manager to assist with improving the WHS risk profile of the business, as well as maintain excellence in HR governance. This is a rare opportunity to join a high performing team and will assist in the delivery of a safe work environment for all.
What are the responsibilities of the role?
- Coordinating and administering WHS and HR improvement projects as part of our WHS and HR strategy
- Supporting and partnering with the operations team in regard to their WHS and HR obligations
- Developing, populating and maintaining the required WHS and HR registers
- Preparing & Reviewing WHS & HR Reports
- Reviewing and updating WHS and HR policies and procedures to achieve the WHS and HR strategy
- Undertaking risk management activities, including formal hazard identifications and risk assessments
What will our successful candidate possess?
- Degree qualified in WHS and/or HR or equivalent discipline (preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional skills working in partnership with operations
- Exceptional ability to prioritise and work autonomously
- Excellent customer service orientation and problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to participate and make constructive contributions within a team environment
- The desire to learn new skills and improve their knowledge in all relevant areas
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications, ability to learn other software suites i.e. InDesign, Smartsheet
- Sound understanding of WHS and HR legislation
If you believe you fit this role, please submit your CV and Cover Letter by clicking the 'apply now' button below.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend