Job no: 529551
Work type: Full time
Location: South Australia
Would you like to support an ambitious South Australian brand on its expansion journey?
As a result of a period of sustained growth, we have the opportunity for a passionate and naturally curious individual to join our strategy team as a strategy analyst.
Reporting to the GM of Strategy, the analyst will work across the entirety of the OTR business to identify, scope, analyse and deliver our growth initiatives.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven recent graduate who is seeking to take the next step in their career and gain exposure to senior business members and decision makers. Finance or Consulting experience will be considered an advantage.
We are a proudly South Australian family business, operating for over 30 years. Our story began in 1984, when Fred (Fathi) Shahin saw a local Woodville Park service station for sale with an adjoining home and immediately bought it. Each of Fred Shahin’s sons subsequently joined the business and to this day, the same family-based, ethical and sustainable values remain a hallmark of Peregrine and underpin every decision.
Peregrine Corporation is now the largest private company in South Australia with over 3500 employees and it continues to grow. Our excellence in retail operations is recognised at an international level, with high profile Company brands including On The Run convenience stores and Smokemart & GiftBox outlets.
For more information about Peregrine please visit our website www.peregrine.com.au
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering analytical support, structured thinking and insights to support the business leadership with business-critical major projects and transactions.
- Acting as an internal advisor and key business partner to identify, scope, structure and deliver business growth opportunities.
- Conducting robust modelling and opportunity evaluation to support investment decisions.
- Providing senior business leadership with the accurate and timely reporting required to efficiently run the business.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Finance, Business, Accounting, Law or similar with strong academic results.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Finance, Banking, Consulting or a similar in-house strategy role (demonstrable M&A experience will be highly regarded).
- Outstanding business and commercial acumen. Being able to think both commercially and strategically in order to analyse and resolve complex business challenges.
- Excellent judgement. Being able to identify business goals and prioritise tasks to achieve these goals under broad direction and tight timelines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Being able to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders in order to build trusted relationships.
- Unapologetic conscientiousness. Being driven to do better with every task, actively seeking out the mentorship of our high calibre team.
- Advanced MS Office skills in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
What’s in it for you?
Working at our Norwood based head office, you will have the opportunity to join a fast paced, growth focused organisation and take the important next step in your career. This is your opportunity to join a large SA based organisation with a National footprint, you will be offered real career growth and a challenging, rewarding environment.
If you believe you fit this role please submit your CV and Cover Letter by clicking the 'apply now' button below.
Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend